Saturday, January 1, 2011

Gaby grows a garden...

Hello fellow garden lovers!

I have been wanting to create a garden blog for some time now and decided to finally set aside some time to set it up. The garden is very definitely well under way...it has been for the past five years but I only discovered blogs about a year or so ago...yes, I'm always a bit behind the times.

My garden is located in East Lake Macquarie, NSW...727m2 of land to create my own haven for myself and the local wildlife. When I arrived here five or so years ago all that was here at the front was a concrete driveway with grass on either side...a hideous hurricane fence and a rusty letterbox on a post. At the back was a concrete path to the Hills Hoist and grass either side...and when I say grass...I really mean weeds. I have a magnificent Norfolk Pine tree in the back right-hand corner...I had two Coastal Banksia's but one had to be cut down recently due to having reached its life-span and opportunistic borers had set in, resulting in a very large limb coming down in strong winds and landing directly in my nieghbours yard - yikes! Lucky no one was outside at the time...

I will definitely be posting ALOT of pictures as I have been photographing from day one...so to catch up on five years worth of work I will be showing many images of before, during and after before I settle into a nice consistent pace of updates as I make more progress. So keep an eye out for it as it all unfolds.

I started my design, craft and art blog a year ago which is all about starting my new small business in textile design and printing as well as other creative processes...my garden and nature in general definitely informs my work - which is another reason I wanted to start this garden diary so people can get a sense of the whole picture :)

I'm signing off for now but will be back soon to start the photo journey...

No comments: