Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Selections :: 4

It's than fun time of the weekend again :)

This week I'm sharing more black & white images, taken in Verona, Italy - what seems an age ago.

I like the solitude of this image and the simplicity of the chairs against such a rich backdrop.

Strangers, Verona. I like the statement this image makes with the imposing scale of the building blocks.

The beauty that is Europe, it's just everywhere without even trying...
I'll probably share some more images of Europe in weeks to come as there are some lovely moments captured in cobbled French lane ways and streets... in the country-side of Germany and the canals of Venice. I always love looking at these images as they transport me back to a time when my life was much less complicated, when I felt more free, I like the me they remind me of...

Thanks again to Kim over Frogpondsrock for this and you really should pop over to see the amazing moon images she has shared this week - they are just stunning.

7 comments:

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Stunning. I love that first one.

Toni said...

Oh now I have a serious case of Travel Envy.

frogpondsrock said...

I was over here earlier and got sidetracked before I could leave a comment. I love black and white photography and I would also love to go to Italy. So thank you very much for sharing and making me happy twice today.

Carolina said...

Hmm, gorgeous shots. The size of those bricks is just... weird. Love the one with the chairs for the same reason you described.

Annie said...

Fantastic images and I love your comments about how they make you feel.

kinga @ blueloom said...

Europe is so unique and different from North America. Just by looking at pictures of any European country, takes me back home. I have never been to Italy and would love to visit. I am also looking forward to your pictures from Germany. This the the country in Europe I have visited the most(12 times in 3 years) and really liked it there.

allhorsestuff said...

WOWSA! AMAZING~

I loved how you put it too.."the beauty that is Europe"...
I'd say it a phoptgraphers playland!
KK