Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Selections :: 5

Not that there has to be one but this week's Sunday Selections theme for me is 'summer'. I'm sharing images taken on a visit to Cassis in the south of France as I prepare myself to farewell summer tomorrow and welcome autumn. I am very sad to say goodbye to summer, it seems to have slipped by in the blink of an eye. I do love autumn though but am not looking forward to winter because last winter I really felt the cold and am not ready for that yet :( but I'm getting ahead of myself, aren't I... there are still 3 lovely months of autumn to enjoy before I get there :)






These images were taken with my Nikon SLR and have been scanned to the best of my ability (or that of my scanner) to get as best a reproduction as possible.
 
The last one would have to be one of my favourite images all around but I like them all for the memories they evoke and for how beautiful a part of the world it is.

The time I spent in Europe was fantastic but the time I spent in France was the most magical. I was attending l'Institut d'Études Françaises pour Étudiants Étrangers in Aix-en-Provence, learning French...it's where I met Daniel, beautiful Daniel, the one that I carelessly let go of... and this day on the beach was where the magic started...

This is a detail of my registration document which sadly has been water damaged.
If you want to join in on the fun of sharing your photographs in this Sunday Selections, then head on over to FrogPondsRock and follow the instructions.

9 comments:

frogpondsrock said...

I would like to go to France one day. What were you studying?

River said...

Beautiful photos Gaby. I particularly like the yellow building with balconies in the second photo. I can imagine sitting on one of those balconies, having a continental breakfast and watching the fishermen readying their boats for another day of fishing.

Wanderlust said...

Oh, we have snow on the ground here so these photos make me yearn for sun and warmth! They are beautiful. What an experience that must have been.

Wanderlust said...

I was trying to think of what to post this week and completely forgot I was going to post my pictures of Uluru and Kata Tjuta! Hopefully I'll remember next week.

Tenille @ Help!Mum said...

It looks completely magical. Absolutely beautiful.

Starfish said...

Oh, how nostalgic! I first looked over the photos and thought " how lovely, what a beautiful part of the world" then your comment about Daniel being the one you let go of brought so much more depth to the post... I feel such a longing to be back in the days of my similar experiences, to have learnt from my youthful mistakes and hang on tightly to the beautiful things I found, instead of letting them fall on the wayside....

Carolina said...

Bonjour (only know a bit of school French that hasn't disappeared from the brain yet, from lack of use)
Summer!
Oh yes, I've heard of that ;-)
They say it will be Summer again one day, but looking out of the window I can't imagine it. It has been grey and damp and cold for the last few days now. Your photos bring a bit of warmth. Thanks for that. That last photo of the guy standing on the rock is puzzling. Why did he climb up there, and is he going to jump off?

MaidInAustralia said...

What a gorgeous part of the world! The colour of the sea is amazing.

Jay at The Depp Effect said...

What a beautiful, wistful post! And I knew as soon as I looked at them that those pictures were taken in Europe!

Sad to think of your lost Daniel, but perhaps, if it was meant to be, Daniel would not have allowed you to let go of him?