Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday Selections :: 7

fiume Arno, Firenze - Italia
fiume Arno, Firenze - Italia
fiume Arno, Firenze - Italia
This week for our continuing Sunday Selections fun, I am sharing three of my favourite photographs from Florence. I just love the colours of the buildings and the way they reflect on the river below - wish I could make the 2 'landscape' images larger but they run off the edge and into my sidebar :(

Florence is beautiful but I don't actually have many more images to share, I think Daniel and I were too caught up in the moment, experiencing the magic, ditching maps and major tourist destinations for just wandering aimlessly down cobblestone lanes...

If you would like to join in the fun and share some of your images, head on over to visit Kim's blog Frogpondsrock and follow the instructions :)

8 comments:

sleepydwarf said...

Wow! They are stunning. I especially love the first shot.

River said...

Those photos really make me want to be there; it looks so very peaceful.

Carolina said...

I really like these. As you say: the colours and the reflections are beautiful. That first one is my favourite. Have you noticed that the left building seems to have a different reflection than the original? It must be the light in the room, but it looks like someone is standing in front of the window. Spooky ;-)

Cherie said...

WOW they're totally stunning shots, congratulations, you must have some gorgeous memories.

Jientje said...

There is something about these colors, I just love them! The reflection in the water is so clever!

frogpondsrock said...

I love these images of Florence. Thank you. Images of buildings like these always make me wonder what the foundations of the buldings are like. whether they are very damp inside and the mellow colours make me want to make some structural ceramics.

Jay at The Depp Effect said...

I looked at that first picture and thought 'Italy!'

They really are lovely pictures. When we were in Tuscany last year we missed Florence because my husband had a sore foot and didn't think he could manage all the walking - he so wanted to visit all the galleries!

Next time, perhaps.

Liz said...

Love the reflections - so beautiful!