Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Selections :: 9

I've been ignoring the garden part of my garden blog just like I've been ignoring my garden :(

Pesky onion weed and other weeds find there way into open spaces as well as cracks
and crevices - lucky this one is dead - who would have though it could look so 'pretty'
I really need to and want to get out there but I am a bit obsessed about getting things done for the business at the moment and can always find an excuse that the weather is too hot or it's too wet but it is niggling away at me and I know I won't be happy until I get the garden under control again... not to mention move things forward with finishing up some final bits of design, landscaping and planting...

My garden and nature in general is the main source of inspiration for my art and before I continue the nostalgic journey with my European travels and share my Sunday Selections I wanted to show a sneak peek of some nature-inspired art I recently listed for sale in my online store:

Titled 'ethereal leaf' this is a textile art piece I did some time back - if you're interested
in reading more on this I did quite an extensive post here
But now to my Sunday Selections images - a study of ancient ruins in beautiful Roma, Italia...

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
As I said in my previous post - I love how the history of this ancient city sits within a bustling modern metropolis. The fourth image from the top is a great example, looking through an age-old stone archway to modern buildings beyond... the other images though could lead you to believe there were only ancient ruins to be found...

If you want to join in the fun and share your images head on over to Kim's blog Frogpondsrock.

4 comments:

The Elephant's Child said...

So Beautiful, thankyou. And I can only sympathise. I am wrestling with the garden at the moment and it is winning. Hands down.

Kim (frog ponds rock) said...

They are all lovely Gaby, I could sit here and daydream away for ages. thanks :)

Jay said...

Gorgeous pictures! I paused for quite a while looking at that fourth picture - it struck me, too, and I wondered how the ancient Romans would feel if they could see their city now, with modern architecture mingled in amongst the old ruins and the pace of life so very different.

They say 'every picture tells a story', well, maybe that's the story for this one. Or maybe every picture stirs the imagination, too!

Annie said...

Magnificent photos! I'm always taken with the beauty of such simple things in the garden, and I totally understand about getting it back in control. I need to go out this weekend.