Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday Selections :: 10

What a week of accomplishments in the garden and around the house! I had no idea I had so much cleaning up to do and most of the week was spent pruning (have no idea if it's the right time of year to be doing this but it just needed doing). I cut down a small coastal wattle as it was really in bad shape and just tidied everything else up, picked up all the pine needles, weeded and finally moved forward with other aspects.

No pictures to share yet, will do so when it is in a more finished state. I'm very excited though about seeing this progress and it's just been a joy being outdoors again instead of sitting on this computer doing rounds of the internet looking for business related information, or working on new designs and the like. I still managed to do business related stuff in the afternoons but not as much as I need to with making new products and so on but I can only do as much as I can do... it will all happen.

It's a magnificent day here today, been doing more house and garden work this morning before settling into some inside work this afternoon. I am really sad to have had to say goodbye to Daylight Savings this morning... oh dear... here come the shorter days :(

On a brighter note - now to my Sunday Selections :) More of Rome, the last few - just random images before I move on to gorgeous Venice next week:

Guards at St Peter's Cathedral in Rome.
Courtyard fountain - just beautiful...
Detail on old timber door - I would love to have a door like this one.
Even windows make an artistic statement in Rome!
If I lived in an apartment I would have a balcony like this one :)
If you would like to give some of your old photo's a chance to be seen and enjoyed by others then pop over to Kim's blog Frogpondsrock and join in on the action.

10 comments:

River said...

Ah! There's my favourites. windows with balconies and flowers.

shae said...

I love the detail on that door!

Kim (frogpondsrock) said...

I would have a balcony garden like that one as well. I love a potager garden and I have flowers all through my small kitchen garden. Thanks for sharing Gaby :)

Watershedd said...

I chose Rome too! I had the most perfect week there when I visited. I could see, in my mind's eye, the civilisations of ages pasts. Oh, to go back!

learncreatedo said...

absolutely beautiful photos!

Annie said...

Next weekend gardening for me. I too am sad to see the end of Daylight Savings.

Cherie said...

It's all about art isn't it? Every image is breathtaking ;)

myrelish said...

Beautiful balconies. I wish my balcony garden would grow. Realistically it does need more than pot and forget!

Jay at The Depp Effect said...

That old door is fantastic! I took a lot of detail shots in Italy, too - you just can't not, can you? I only hope that they are producing new stuff like this, because the beautiful old wood won't last for ever, will it?

Marie said...

I know it's probably a bit kitsch these days, but I'd LOVE a courtyard fountain like that one.

Those balcony gardens are beautiful and bring back warm memories from summers spent in Umbria. Really lovely..