Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday Selections : 12

I've been busy all day and am just getting around to do my Sunday Selections now. I can't believe it's been 3 months since I started... and this may well be my last Sunday Selections for a while, at least for a few weeks, as at the moment I have my hands full and have some pressing things I want to and need to get done. So it seems appropriate that I have come to the end of my European series images and will leave you with some of Switzerland.

 
 
 
 

The last few really made me feel like I was in the sound of music! I can't even recall the name of the place but Daniel and I were driving from Germany through to Italy, heading towards Lake Como, so we were on that road and turned off to the right to find a place to stop for the night. We stumbled across this delightful little village at the bottom of this mountain and the next day Daniel wanted to go up via cable car. Seriously! This cable car in the middle of nowhere, with animals in the paddock and barely any signs of modern life anywhere. I was very reluctant because I wondered who would maintain such a thing but eventually I built up the courage and it was well worth it. It was so beautiful up there... and guess what... after a big walk... we found a road that wound it's way back down to our little village and so I didn't have to trust the cable car again... phew!

Anyway, I may join in again in the not-too-distant future if it is still going but it's been wonderful adventure so far and I've enjoyed meeting new people online and seeing some amazing photography... and all thanks to Kim over at Frogpondsrock, so head on over if you want to join in.

10 comments:

Watershedd said...

You make me want to go to Switzerland. Climb every mountain, indeed!

Marita said...

My vertigo kicked in with that last picture. So weird.

But I do love the sense of calm and peace in the first images. :)

learncreatedo said...

gorgeous photos. I love the cottages on the mountainsides.

River said...

I have an online friend who is moving to Switzerland very soon...

Kakka said...

Great photos, I have never been to Europe, it is on my to do list, so hopefully one day I will have photos just like these to share. Hope you are back soon.

Carolina said...

Awww, I hate goodbyes. Please come back :-) Good luck with whatever needs doing. My garden is almost 10 times bigger than yours (seriously, 6500m2) so I'm busy with that right now, which is the reason why I'm not doing Sunday Selections every week now and not visiting a lot of other bloggers. Sometimes life just gets in the way of blogging.

I was expecting purply Milka cows (I don't know if you have that chocolate where you live) in those last Swiss photos of yours. Such a beautiful place.

Bye

Tenille @ Help!Mum said...

Those shots do remind me of The Sound of Music. What a beautiful part of the world. But the mention of Lake Como bought me right back to George Clooney (he has a villa there), and then I got all distracted...
:-)

Marie said...

Beautiful shots. I can't choose a favourite, but I am drawn to the second one, peeping through the arches. There is an air of anticipation about it, something drawing me in to explore.

As well as the magnificent alp photos. There really is not a more beautiful backdrop than the Swiss Alps. What an incredible country.

The Elephant's Child said...

Those are beautiful, aweinspiring photos. Love, love, loved them.

Kim (frogpondsrock) said...

It has been lovely meeting you :) I hope that you keep on popping in to visit from time to time. Cheers Kim