Sunday, November 6, 2011

All grown up

Above: See the wee little plant in the garden bed to the left of the front door... this is my New Zealand Christmas bush that I planted a few years back... and well... look at it now! (below)

I planted it there to create a bit of a privacy screen from the front door to the front courtyard area as that is a self-contained studio downstairs and if people are staying there it's nice to have a bit of privacy.

The reason I'm posting this in particular is because the bush is flowering for the first time ever - yay!

These are just two delightful little blooms that caught my eye yesterday so I can't wait for it to explode into a mass of colourful flowers.

3 comments:

River said...

That's a Christmas bush?
I've never actually known what they were called....there's a huge one in the front yard of my block of flats where I'm now living. At least I think it is, if not, then it's very similar.

JB said...

What a great set of before and after photos. "From little things big things grow" It will be magnificent when the whole bush is covered in flowers.

Sharyn said...

Stunning flowers!