Friday, January 13, 2012

A change of heart...

After some consideration I have decided to keep going with this blog even though I will soon be leaving the actual garden that inspired it. I know the name of this blog is specific to my garden here but until I have another garden to determine a new name... a new blog I will still use this as a diary to record and share my favourite things about gardening, nature, design and the environment.

Being that much of nature inspires my creative work I will always be looking at plants in that way and today, for example, I took my camera on a walk around the local neighbourhood and captured four lovely plants that I can already see as designs for both my textiles and paper products. I'm not sure when that will happen but I am also recording the local area digitally so that I have a wealth of images to remind of the beauty that surrounds me here.

Here are some of the images that I took this morning:


Above: After some research online I believe I identified this as Grevillea Misty Pink
(please feel free to correct me if I am wrong).


Above: After some research online I believe I have identified this as Leucadendron Red Devil 
(please feel free to correct me if I am wrong).


Above: After some research online I believe I have identified this as Leucospermum Carnival Yellow
(please feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

Above: After some research online I believe I have identified this as Protea Pink Ice
(please feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

... and below are some images I snapped recently in my front garden...




My beautiful Max E Mumjoy >(*!*)< enjoying the garden as usual...
I hope 2012 is shaping up to be a good year for you and you are out enjoying your garden or someone elses. I have a bunch of weeds to conquer and am looking forward to getting out there over the next few days to tackle it... I will enjoy my garden right up until the last minute...

2 comments:

River said...

These are beautiful, so many memories for you to take with you and look back on.

Carolina said...

Most of the plants on these photos are only available as indoor plants or cut flowers here in the Netherlands. They wouldn't survive in our climate. But they are very beautiful.

So you're moving? To a new garden?


Thanks for visiting me again and your nice comment. We do have quite a furry household. Lots of work, but also lots of fun and awww-moments ;-)