Sunday, January 22, 2012

Foreshore regeneration

Swamp Banksia / Banksia Robur - image by me
Swamp Banksia / Banksia Robur - image by me
Swamp Banksia / Banksia Robur - image by me
Swamp Banksia / Banksia Robur - image by me
Swamp Banksia / Banksia Robur - image by me
Sheoak - image by me
Sheoak - image by me
The images above are some plants I snapped while on a lovely walk with a friend and her dog earlier in the week. We walked along the foreshore at Warners Bay (NSW) where the local council has been doing some foreshore regeneration. They have also constructed a lovely modern boardwalk (image below) to link areas previously inaccessible by foot, creating a continuous walking path... and I tell you, so many people enjoy it, on their own, with others, with their dogs, children and strollers - a great thing for family and friends to do.

Warners Bay, NSW - foreshore walk - image by me
More images here. Hope you are having a lovely Sunday...

2 comments:

River said...

I love the fourth photo with the banksia against the blue sky and the boardwalk looks like someplace I'd like to wander along.

Carolina said...

Oh, I'd love to walk along that boardwalk. It looks great. Nice to have a continuous walking path.

(I'm not sure if you'll see my answer to your comment on my post about photography, but I'm currently doing a photography course for DSLR owners who haven't a clue (anymore) about using the different settings. Perhaps you'll find some useful tips there? I'd love it if you'd 'join in' so to speak.)