Sunday, July 22, 2012

Como to Oatley Bridge Walk, (Como) NSW

Continuing on from here, this week I'm sharing one of my favourite finds so far... the Como to Oatley Bridge walk. I'm so lucky I can pick up this trail just a short walking distance from where I'm living... (and I can actually see it from the very top of the back garden):

Above: distant, filtered view of Carina Bay and the old railway bridge that is the Como to Oatley Bridge walk (to the right of the roof line)... and while we're up here - look at how leafy Como is!

The bridge walk is accessed via Como Marina, the beginning of it is quite obscure and I actually stumbled across it by accident when taking the pics in my last post. I was on the grounds of the Marina and saw a couple walking down an elevated pathway... so naturally I walked up the steps and continued along the tree-lined pathway:



... until, to my delight, it opened up to this (below):

The walk is quite popular - more so on weekends.


As you can see safety is carefully considered but doesn't interrupt the views.



Above: The new railway bridge is adjacent, the whole track actually follows the railway line so the trains are always swooshing past...

Looking back towards Como
Some lovely filtered views along the walk.
Walking down a goat track to get a different angle of the bridge - see below:




Above: this is the end of the trail as such but from here you enter into suburbia, to Oatley to be exact and I have yet to explore beyond the end of the path but have heard there is a nice cafe close by... I will be sure and take my camera along when I do venture further so I can share the images here.

The Bridge walk and trail is not lit so I wouldn't walk along here in the dark but it is safe and there is always someone around even though at times you can feel you have it all to yourself. It is popular for people who want to stroll, power walk, jog or cycle.

Do you have any lovely trails near where you live?

No comments: