Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday morning...

I snapped these images in the street early this morning...

 Above: Grevillea Excelsior (Flame Grevillea) with a little visitor having breakfast

 Above: Grevillea Excelsior (Flame Grevillea)

Above: Grevillea Excelsior (Flame Grevillea)

 Above: Grevillea Excelsior (Flame Grevillea)

 Above: Grevillea Excelsior (Flame Grevillea)

Above: Grevillea Excelsior (Flame Grevillea)

 Above: Banskia Spinulosa - Banskia Giant Candles

 Above: Banskia Spinulosa - Banskia Giant Candles

 Above: Flowering Gum - sorry not sure which genus

 Above: Flowering Gum - sorry not sure which genus
 
 Above: Flowering Gum - sorry not sure which genus

Stenocarpus sinuatus - Firewheel tree in the neighbours front yard

 Above: Jacaranda mimisifolia - across the road

 Above: Jacaranda mimisifolia - in good company, down the road

Above: taking over the nature strip

Aren't they all just beautiful plants... the top three in particular, being natives... that grevillea! so beautiful as is the flowering gum... and the Banksia I think is just about to come into flower again as all the current ones have died off. All this loveliness just in this street alone - nice huh!

I'm thinking of doing a little series of my favourite houses & front gardens close to where I'm living as I've seen some nice ones I'd like to share... so stay tuned. I've already snapped the neighbour's house which I just love... I might start this next week.

1 comment:

River said...

I love the grevilleas.
The Jacaranda reminds me of home. Here in Adelaide they are everywhere, purple as far as the eye can see.