Saturday, December 29, 2012

Georgeous flowering gum






I recently noticed this little plant on my daily walk and kept meaning to go back and photograph it in all its flowering glory... when I went past this morning I noticed many of the flowers are starting to disappear... perhaps eaten by birds or just part of the life cycle... so I finally remembered to go back later with my camera and capture it before all the flowers are gone.

I've identified it as Corymbia Ficifolia... or Red Flowering Gum... or Baby Orange - it's part of the Eucalyptus family... isn't it just divine! We have so many beautiful native plants here in Australia and as ever... I'm imagining this as a textile design.

2 comments:

River said...

It's gorgeous!
There is one of these quite close to my home, I pass it every day on the bus and each time I tell myself I must walk up that way and take photos, but so far I haven't. I really should before the flowers disappear.

Carolina said...

Hi there,
dropped by to thank you for leaving your sweet comment on my blog. Wishing you all the best for the New Year and I'll be back in January indeed. Cannot guarantee lovely posts though, but I'll do my best :-)

These gorgeous flowers would make a lovely textile design. Beautiful colour.

And now I have to prove I'm not a robot and can't for the love of Elvis read what I'm supposed to type in.
Fingers crossed...