Sunday, October 20, 2013

Spring Walk - Prince Edward Park, Woronora.

This morning I took a well-deserved break and joined a group walk organised by my local council. The walk took us through Prince Edward Park at Woronora and it was thoroughly enjoyable! I'll let the pictures do the talking...

We started the walk opposite The Boatshed (pictured below).

We then walked along Prince Edward Park Road up into the park itself.

Prices Cave, Prince Edward Park, Woronora.




We walked up to the top and could see glimpses of the river down below.







Spotted lots of lovely native plants along the way, including this Gymea Lily.

Then we descended and walked along the river back to the starting point.



It was such a lovely walk but not one I would do on my own, so it's great the council organises these leisure activities, and it's nice to meet like-minded people. There's a few more coming up that I'm interested in but the countdown is on now for the lead-up to Christmas and I've been very busy on the business side of things getting everything up and running since the name change. You can follow all the progress over on my other blog or facebook page... and if you're looking for some lovely Christmas gifts please pop on over to my freshly stocked Etsy shop for lots of nature-inspired designs handmade into fabulous eco-friendly and ethical products.

2 comments:

River said...

I love the bright blue boatshed! And the two photos directly under that. They'd make great jigsaw puzzles.
How long was the walk? in kilometres.
I wonder if our councils do these things?

Gabriella Tagliapietra said...

Hi River... yes, I love the boatshed too and Prices Cave is a pretty spectacular rock formation! I didn't ask about the length in km's... but it took us about 2.5hrs with a slow steady pace :) Yes, you should check with your council, most people don't realise all the positive resources available from council!