Friday, January 17, 2014

My kangaroo paw grows...

Oh my goodness... it's been a while! Poor neglected gardening blog but here I am with some lovely pics and updates to share.

I took these pics in mum's back garden recently because she wanted me to capture the Oleanders flowering but I was more impressed with my 3 kangaroo paw plants! I transplanted cuttings when I moved from my home up the coast and it took a while for them to establish themselves but now they are beginning to thrive.

The original plant was the inspiration behind my stylised kangaroo paw fabric design, having taken a branch of the plant and created an illustration from it. That design has also appeared on my eco-friendly greeting cards and is now available on a limited range of eco-friendly notebooks (see b! There are a number of Australian native flora and fauna designs adorning the covers of these notebooks so pop on over to my Etsy shop to see the range.







Further to this, I just updated my business blog with some plans and projects for 2014.
What about you - what do you have planned for 2014?


2 comments:

River said...

The kangaroo paws are looking good, it's a lovely jungley garden.
I have nothing planned for 2014 except a fair amount of dental work.

Gabriella Tagliapietra said...

Hello River and a Happy New Year to you... been a while between posts (and catching up with blogs). Oh dear... dental work... that's no fun but it will be worth it once it's over. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and hope you're coping with the temps down there...