Saturday, February 7, 2015

Jerrabomberra Wetlands


















The 2nd of February is World Wetlands day... and even thought this 5 days late I'm sharing these images to celebrate!

I actually went along to explore the Jerrabomberra Wetlands with a friend on 1st February because it was a Sunday, i.e weekend.

We took our bikes and did a mix of ride and walk and it was just such a lovely outing.

In addition to the beautiful vistas there are half a dozen or so bird hides where you can sit quietly and spot the local bird life. Birds that you are likely to see are illustrated here... and we were lucky to see Pelicans, Swamp Hens, what looked like an Eastern Grey Ibis, ducks and Cormorants...

You can find out more about World Wetlands Day here, the Jerrabomberra Wetlands here and here and you can see all of my photos here.

2 comments:

River said...

I like those first two tree photos and I love the three birds perched on a branch in the pond.
It's a very pretty wetlands area. I should check out our wetlands areas, but now that summer heat is upon us, that will have to wait.

Gabriella Tagliapietra said...

Hi River, the trees looked amazing with all the bark coming off and really is a lovely area and I think they will do more work on it over time. I can totally understand you wanting to wait for the cooler weather before you explore any wetlands areas :)