Monday, March 21, 2016

Mount Taylor Nature Reserve, Canberra









Yesterday I did something I have been meaning to do for a very long time... and that is the Mount Taylor walk. Considering I can see Mount Taylor from my house it is ridiculous how long it has taken me to explore it!

As usual, once I get around to doing something I am always so very happy because of the satisfaction of experiencing the beauty.

Parking on Sulwood Drive we opted to follow Mrs Low's Fire Trail which is a steady climb... le puff, le pant. The views are stunning from even the lower part of the walk, taking in east, south and west views with the Tuggeranong Valley being the prominent vista. Once at the top though you also get to see 'over the back' to the north which takes in Woden Valley and distant views to Black Mountain. The expansive views are magnificent, it would be beautiful at night time looking down at all the twinkling lights... but my favourite is the view across to the mountain ranges. I believe the one in the foreground is Bullen Range Nature Reserve and Urambi Hills Nature Reserve, the Murrumbidgee Corrider and then the Brindabellas in the background.

No kangaroos spotted but we did see more divine little birds darting and dashing about in the bushes and some lovely Magpies, one of which was happy to pose for a photo. More images can be seen here...

6 comments:

River said...

Hello Maggie! (I call all magpies Maggie)
That's a lovely view and I love the clouds.

Gabriella Tagliapietra said...

Hello River... yes, the views were well worth the puffing and panting to get there!

Elephant's Child said...

Visiting from River's blog.
It IS a hard walk isn't it? But worth it.

Gabriella Tagliapietra said...

Thanks for stopping by Elephant's Child. It sounds like you are familiar with the walk - do you live in Canberra too?

Elephant's Child said...

I do. And am fond of the city. I love that nowhere is more than half an hour from some bush.

Gabriella Tagliapietra said...

Oh hello fellow Canberran :) I do remember your blog name from when I was participating in the Sunday Selections. I agree with everything you say - Country life with city benefits!