Sunday, May 8, 2016

Strathnairn Arts Association, Canberra























These photos were taken on a visit to Strathnairn Arts Association in Canberra on Easter Saturday, 2016 (it's taken me a few weeks to get back here and post them).

"Strathnairn Arts Association Inc. is a no- for-profit arts association supported by the ACT Government that provides working spaces and facilities for a range of artists and crafts people and community groups."

It is located on the western edge of Canberra near the Murrumbidgee River (and not far from Shepherd's Lookout.

If I were to dream up my perfect property this would come pretty close - acreage, vegie gardens, the best chook yard ever, art studios, cafe, art gallery and a place to sell my wares to the public... I would be a pretty happy camper. We can all dream... and even though it is not my property it's a wonderful resource that exists for artists and makers in Canberra, and for an avid photographer like me there is a wealth of character and charm to capture through the lens. You can see more images here.

No comments: